Tuesday 19 August 2008

Smiling Underneath, Ani DiFranco

I don't mind waiting in line no no
I don't mind if the bills pile up and the work is slow
I don't mind the gas or the groceries or the grind
as long as I'm with you I'm having a good time

I don't mind the stoner waiter or the poorly cooked food
I don't mind little miss kitty or her knuckle-head dude
I don't mind if every last person here is ugly and rude
as long as I'm with you I got a good attitude
as long as I'm with you

We could be stuck in traffic for over a week
with a car full of quintuplets who are cutting teeth
around my neck could be a flaming christmas wreath
and I'd be smiling under smiling underneath

I don't mind waking up early for a flight that's delayed
I don't mind our week's vacation was chilly and grey
I don't mind the traffic cops or the TSA
as long as I'm with you I'm having a good day
as long as I'm with you

I don't mind spilling my hot-sauce onto my white shirt
I don't mind the twinge in my leg in that knee that I hurt
I don't mind my gums peeling back or my hair getting thin
as long as I'm with you I win
as long as I'm with you

we could be stuck in traffic for over a week
with a car full of quintuplets who are all cutting teeth
and around my neck could be a flaming christmas wreath
and I'd be smiling under smiling under

smiling underneath. 

No comments:

 
free web page counter
Provided by website-hit-counters.com